The countdown is on to June 4th...here's your toolkit!
The countdown is on to the big day! On June 4th, you'll be one of more than 13,000
other Canadians and over 100 organizations who will protest against efforts to
silence our voices.
Margaret Atwood, who just signed on to the Black Out Speak Out campaign said,
"Whatever your political affiliations, if you believe in free and open democracy,
now is the time to speak out.”
What can you do? From blacking out your website to tweeting and posting on facebook,
there's a variety of ways in which you can Speak Out with us now and on June 4th.
If you are part of a group, organization or business interested in taking action,
please visit blackoutspeakout.ca/instructions for links to:
• Technical instructions for blacking out your website
• A splashpage download for your website
• Images to download for your blog
If cannot blackout your website, but still want to participate on June 4th, here are
two more ways to show your strong support:
• Set your organization-wide email to auto-reply with the following message:
"I'm speaking out for nature and democracy today. Go to blackoutspeakout.ca
to take action. Silence is not an option."
• Join the 100 groups by sending an email to your entire list and address book.
We will send you a template that you can customize closer to June 4th.
If you are an individual looking for ways to Speak Out, check out our new action toolkit page
for facebook posts, tweets and twibbons, and image downloads (http://blackoutspeakout.ca/take_action.php).
In a couple of days we'll be emailing out our collective June 4th action. We're planning to
contact MPs with emails and phone calls all day, as well as other actions to speak out.
In the meantime, don't forget how easy it is to Speak Out:
1. Share the Black Out Speak Out campaign on your facebook wall
2. Join us on facebook at www.facebook.com/blackoutspeakout
3. Speak Out on twitter using hashtag #blackoutspeakout
4. Spread the word to your friends and family!
Black Out Speak Out
219-2211 West 4th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6K 4S2